Young Californians are essential to enacting meaningful change as we envision a more vibrant future for our next century. Our work with young people includes building a coalition of high school and college campus-based Futures Fellows, leading workshops in futures-thinking, creative design, and long-term planning frameworks; drafting a series of youth-driven manifestos; and sparking policy change at a Youth Summit in Sacramento.
APPLY TO BE A CALIFORNIA 100 FUTURES FELLOW
What is the California that you dream of? And that we can build together?
What are the key issues our generation will face?
How can we take action to create a future that is innovative, sustainable, and equitable for all?
Write a Youth Manifesto for the future of California!
California 100 is a transformative initiative inspiring a vision and strategy for California’s next century. We are calling on young leaders and undergraduate students across college campuses to join our statewide coalition as a California Futures Fellow. Help spark a movement where transformative ideas move freely and young Californians are inspired to enact meaningful change in our lives and in our communities.
WHO ARE CALIFORNIA FUTURES FELLOWS?
We are looking for passionate leaders and organizers with deep interest and expertise in student advocacy & government, media, design, policy, innovation, and other creative disciplines.
California Futures Fellows will take part in “futures thinking” trainings and workshops, strategic planning and organizing sessions, virtual and in-person networking meetups, and statewide roundtables — all concluding with an actionable series of Youth Manifestos and a Youth Summit in Sacramento in Spring 2023.
This Campus Futures Fellows program is offered as an undergraduate internship for college credit. The program will begin in Fall 2022 and run through Spring 2023, and students may enroll for credit across either the Fall/Winter quarters or Fall/Spring semesters. In addition to course credit, a modest paid stipend will be offered to cover all travel and recognize the time commitment of participating fellows.
BUILD A MOVEMENT
Be a part of our statewide coalition and build a strategy for our next century. California Futures Fellows will:
- Design and contribute to a Youth Manifesto for California’s future
- Join a passionate community of young leaders and take part in engaging trainings, simulations, and forecasting games with Urgent Optimists* and design schools across the state to build skills in futures-thinking, creative design, and long-term planning frameworks
*sponsored membership included for all fellows
- Lead our CA100 movement for change on your campus, by inspiring and organizing a delegation of long-term futures strategists
- Organize, design, recruit delegates for, and lead our Youth Summit, an in-person day of action in Sacramento planned for late March 2023
- Collaborate and network with like-minded student leaders and organizers across California colleges and universities
- Meet State-level leaders and changemakers working on key issue areas across California, through intimate roundtables with the California 100 Commissioners
- Receive internship course credit over two quarters or semesters
Our application deadline has passed!
If you are a youth-serving organization, and would like to partner with us, please email email@example.com